A FOLLOW UP OPPORTUNITY FOR ST. JOHN’S AND OUR COMMUNITY JUDITH MACNUTT, AUTHOR OF TWO BOOKS ON ANGELS WAS WITH US SAT. FEB 23, 2019: LISTEN LOVE & PRAY
Angels by Billy Graham
A FOLLOW UP OPPORTUNITY FOR ST. JOHN’S
AND OUR COMMUNITY
JUDITH MACNUTT, AUTHOR OF TWO BOOKS ON ANGELS
WAS WITH US SAT. FEB 23, 2019: LISTEN LOVE & PRAY
Nearly 20 gathered in our lovely book filled library to discuss Angels. It began with a U Tube video of Billy Graham speaking. The size of those attending his crusades or gatherings was definitely inspiring, moving and encouraging.
Both God’s present realm of angels and the fallen angels where discussed at length. Although Lucifer (Satan, the devil, evil spirit etc.) is ever present in our world and is at the foot of our battle, Jesus has won the war and God has disclosed his mostly unseen protection – his angels. The Bible has much for us to learn about his ministering angels in our lives today: the description of angels, the levels of angels, their purpose and responsibilities.
“Somehow it has always been easier for people to believe in demons than the brighter side of the unseen world – the world of God’s protecting angels. Yet, Angels have a much more important place in the Bible than the devil and his demons,” says Billy Graham.
Key points he makes are:
- God’s invisible hosts are better organized than any of the armies of man or Satan.
- Angels “think, feel, will, and display emotions.”
- They are “ministering servants” who can appear or remain invisible as they perform the tasks that God assigns them.
- Angels aren’t all ‘sweetness and light’ – they are also God’s agents of judgment on the disobedient.
- Angels guide, comfort and provide for the people of God in the midst of suffering and persecution.
The Bible teaches us that a host of angels are always ready at God’s call – WE ARE NOT ALONE.
A drawing was held for the book Angels by Jack Graham (no relation) which is a very worthwhile read.
Katy and Don Esterline